Falam is a town in north-western Myanmar near Myanmar’s western border with the Indian state of Mizoram. The town was founded by the British in 1892, and became an important base for British rule of the Chin Hills. After the formation of Chin State, it was the capital city until the administrative offices were moved to Hakha in 1974. It is still the regional capital of Falam District and of Falam Township. Falam is the headquarters of several important organizations. The Chin Baptist Convention (CBC) has its head office in Falam. The population, as of 2014, is 9,529.